Pages

May 27, 2004

so nice out there so busy stuck inside

Tuesday, May 25

On the day I arrive at Tokyo it was hazy and a bit cool. But yesterday and today the weather has been gorgeous – not chilly, not unpleasantly hot, and not yet so humid as it might be within a month or so when we have the rainy season over here. What sucks is, though, that I've got work and don't quite have time to go for a walk or something on such a lovely day. Well I had some stuff I needed to take care of, so I walked to the post office and some stores in my neighborhood. It wasn't a very long walk, but still better than staying at home a whole day.

Since all of us were quite busy working till late in the evening, we had simple, quick dinner together. Yet there was a dessert; my brother-in-law brought us another box from Cheese Cake Factory, and it had black sesame & cheese crème caramel. Well maybe they should not be called "creme caramel" since they don't use caramel in them, but I don't know what to call them then; the bottom line is, they are made from (this is my guess) eggs, sugar, milk and/or cream, which make up the base of crème caramel. You got the idea. And in this version, they added cream cheese and black sesame paste... this is the winner. I love sesame, either black or white, but as far as I know, black sesame isn't as common as the white one in the States, while it is now used in everything including sweet desserts like this in Japan and people love them. Anyways, it is great to have a brother-in-law who brings home such goodies now and then, isn't it?

No comments: