Pages

February 11, 2005

music in my kitchen (and dining and living room)

Santos mercifully picked me for this chain blogging a while ago, just to worry me :P and I have been half wondering what I would choose, and half thinking I could just pretend I've forgotten ;), but this morning I found out that Dagmar also got me tagged, so I figured I should just do it...

What is the total amount of music files on your computer?

Seems like in the region of 1.5GB

The CD you last bought?

I can't even remember which one was the last I bought... I haven't been buying new CD or downloading music for so long! Although I am probably buying Fosbury by Tahiti 80.

What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Well it was more than one week ago when I read the post by Santos, but I sort of remember I was playing an album called Broadway & 52nd by Us3 - can't remember the exact track on play right at the moment, but one of them.

Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

1. All My Loving by the Beatles (in album With the Beatles).

It was where it all began, for me. It opened up the door to the world outside of my own country. I first got to know this song when I was 10 or 11 years old (not in 1963), and would sing along - or at least trying to mimic what I was hearing (because it was in English!).

2. Drops Of Jupiter by Train (in album Drops Of Jupiter).

3. Who Will Save Your Soul by Jewel (live in album Spirit, Japanese edition).

Not the one originally recorded for her first album Pieces of You. This specific title is a bonus track for the Japanese release. Her singing is much, much fuller, bolder in this live version.

4. Album Bossa Hula Nova by Lisa Ono.

I know this isn't a song, but really, I don't get to single out one out of all the tracks, because I have never even paid much attention to individual songs - I just listen to the album as a whole as a set, like I do with her other albums that I also like. Lisa Ono is a Japanese singer born and raised in Brazil, and do both classic and original bossa nova numbers. In this album she does some classic Hawaiian tunes with a twist of bossa nova.

5. The Puppy Song by Harry Nilsson (in album You've Got Mail - motion picture soundtrack)

O it's really hard to choose just five songs, but this one gets my vote because it has been my favorite tune to sing (in my head, though) as I cook.

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?

I had some idea as to who I pass this to, but while I have been lazing around all of them have been named... and as far as I can see, a lot of food bloggers have already gone through this. I have quite a few fellow blogger who I'd like to know what kind of music they'd have in their kitchen, but they don't blog in English. So I decided that I stop this here. Period. Thanks someone whoever started this...



(This has nothing to do with my music, but for just in case someone comes here just to see a food photo; goat milk yogurt with June Taylor Meyer Lemon marmalade. Yummy!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for tagging you a second time. And sorry for not letting you know about it, but I wasn't able to post any comment on your page; I just got errors.

 

Posted by Dagmar

Anonymous said...

Hi Dagmar,
Oh don't be sorry, I am sorry there was a problem in the commenting part here. Thanks for thinking of me for this :)
 

Posted by chika