Pages

May 5, 2006

fifth of may


... is Children's Day in Japan, but we don't have a child in the house at this moment, o well

So grab the glasses

And the liquids

Mix them up

And shake them up

Give it a good pour

Margarita, made with freshly squeezed lemon and lime juices; very smooth and refreshing, almost too easy to drink. Oops.

No margarita may be complete with some good Mexican food (or is it the other way around?)

Salsa, guacamole, and chili, all generously home-made, were served with some cheese, sour cream, jalapeno, coriander leaves, and lettuce to top some tortillas.

With corn chips with cheese alongside, the dinner went absolutely perfect.

Now, it was a total coincidence that we had some Mexican fare on El Cinco de Mayo, or the Fifth of May, a Mexico's national holiday; neither my friend who happend to decide on today's menu or her Aussie husband knew about the day, and I myself didn't know about it until I went to live in Hawaii a few years back. At the end of the day, it was a welcome coincidence - I mean, who decline an extra excuse to have good mexican food? I don't.

Anyhow, I have once again set my foot in Melbourne, generously greeted by my good friends and blessed with the infamous Melbourne gloomy autumn-winter weather.

And their cats, who seem to recognize me after theree weeks. Not a bad thing.

Okay, the weather may suck, but the place nevertheless offers plenty things for us to do. Especially when I am running out of my time...

4 comments:

Gustad said...

wow! awsome 5 de mayo you got going on there. (did you know today is also "No Pants Day"? hehe
anyway, awsome pics... i love margarits with salt.... the salt is my fav... if only rims were bigger to fit more salt! 

Posted by Gustad Mody

Akemi said...

Hi Chika!
Your pictures are so beautiful that I always have to do a pitstop here! Congratulations!
I would love if you could put your recipes here too!
 

Posted by Akemi

Anonymous said...

Your photographs are amazing!!!

I agree completely with your choice of food and drink, yum!!!! 

Posted by Pamela

Annie said...

Love your photos. I feel like having a Martini and I don't really drink!