Pages

June 5, 2007

in two shakes of...


... a lamb's tail, or should that be a cow's? This past weekend I found myself up north in Nagano, the quiet, mountainous prefecture in the center of Honshu Island of Japan. It was a totally unplanned, unexpected, and impromptu trip, and my stay up there was less than 24 hours.

Even so, I had a great time spending some short but quality time with my family and relatives I hadn't seen in ages, catching up over fresh moutain vegetable dishes.

I only have just a few photos from Nagano this time, and there's no food shot, but I've put them up on flickr anyways - it's not even slideshow worthy, really, but just a bit of summer air shouldn't hurt, I reckon.

One thing that may be distantly food-related is those power transmission towers that I believe are resembling a cow's head, very apt for the area known for dairying, I think. (Oh, and there is a photo of rice fields - as far as "food-related" shots are concerned.)

I'm already back home in Tokyo, busy working and occasionally cooking up as per usual. Hopefully some food posts are on their way...

3 comments:

evinrude said...

The photos may not be food related and saliva-inducing but they are still breathtaking! Love the colours of summer: blue skies, white clouds and green leaves.

Anonymous said...

Please tell me about that beautiful looking dish! .. What is it??

obachan said...

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Nagano. Beautiful shots!