Pages

July 20, 2005

summer is here. so am I.


It's been a while since I got back from my trip to Europe, so has it since I did my last post. I wish I could say I had been on another long vacation or two, but sigh, life is not that sweet.

For this past several weeks while this blog was dormant, I was stuck in front of computer for work, or otherwise in bed for being sick, and in the meantime the rainy season came and went, which basically means summer is officially with us. And my seven-days-a-week working schedule is still with me, thank goodness.

All the same, I haven't forgotten my own words that I would tell you about my recent trip. I am not sure if any one of you is still interested in it, but I still will anyways; I have managed to do most of photo editing because I have done posts about my trips in my Japanese blog. So expect that, hopefully soon (I do hope so).

For today, I just wanted to let people know that I am (basically) alive and (generally) well, just in case you were wondering. I also thought I could show that I manage to cook and shoot food sometimes - like this one that I whipped up on one of these hot and humid, typical Tokyo summer days.


Have ricotta cheese, yogurt, and maple syrup in a bowl, stir together to blend, put it in the freezer, and you have this maple-ricotta-yogurt gelato. I got the original recipe from a Japanese cookbook written by Emi Inoue, who says she got the recipe while she was at a California professional chefs' school (can't remember which one). It was dead easy to make, but not so much so to take pictures of; it was melting so fast even in a decently air-conditioned room. Ah well, summer is definitely here.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so easy and good!
Will you share the proportions?

i like you comment system ;) ( I just got mine) 

Posted by clare eats

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Chika! I had been looking at your Japanese blog for the past weeks and I am glad I will finally get the words that go with the gorgeous pictures. A bientot ! 

Posted by Anonymous

Estelle Tracy said...

Anonymous was Estelle

Anonymous said...

Chika-sama,

Oiishi-so...

Odaijini, yo.

 

Posted by Scott

Anonymous said...

hello Chika, i just randomly found your blog after googling unagi... your photography is amazing and your food looks delicious. your pictures really look like they could be in an issue of gourmet magazine. i'm a huge fan of food, so i'll be checking out your blog again in the future! great job!
best wishes! 

Posted by Pan

Anonymous said...

Konnichiwa, Chika-san!

Chika-san no gelato wa totemo oishii, ne!

Oh, and are those fresh blueberries with your gelato? That must've been so  scrumptious! 

Posted by Midge

Anonymous said...

Hi Chika,

That looks so delicious! Yes, summer is definitely here and the weather this year has been so humid!

I just made some ice cream using sweet cream and fresh blueberries. It was soooo nice and refreshing! 

Posted by Reid

Anonymous said...

hello chika-san! welcome back and happy to see you again :) 

Posted by santos.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

clare - anything goes. half-and-half would be just fine, and put syrup as much as you want. this time I used half a cup each of ricotta and yogurt, with three tbs. or so maple syrup.

Estelle - thanks for checking my other blog. I bet you have figured out most the things I did only by seeing the photos... :)

Scott - thanks, and thanks for the email, I always appreciate it a lot.

Pan - thanks for the compliment!

Midge - yeah it was oishi-katta!

Reid - you mean, a hawaii summer even more humid than normal? ooo. and your blueberry ice-cream sounds really lovely, too!

santos - good to be back, too!

 

Posted by chika

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad that you're not sick any more.
The gelato looks soooooooo delicious!  

Posted by obachan

Anonymous said...

Hey Chika. Ohisahiburi!

Very glad to have you back and good luk with the summer. Have some beer garden fun for me. 

Posted by anthony

Anonymous said...

Hi obachan - thanks a lot, it must be cho-atsui over there in kochi, too...

anthony - thanks, i sure will! 

Posted by chika

Anonymous said...

hi chika
I'm so glad that you're back!
It was very disappointing checking your blog everyday and could not see a new exciting photo or recipie of yours.  

Posted by pınar

Anonymous said...

chika,

your blog is delicious! i'm watering at the mouth scrolling through everything and I agree with everyone else that your photography is fantastic. What kind of camera do you use? obviously its 99% your talent, but i'm still curious :) 

Posted by Ben